17 Mayfield Road
2 bedroom property for sale in Port Isaac, North Cornwall
Please note: the satellite and street view images for this area can be upto 5 years old so should not be relied upon to accurately depict the property.
To discuss this property with one of our team please call or e-mail using the details below.
01208 862 601
• Two bedrooms, family bathroom, separate external W/C - Two off-road parking spaces
• Short walking distance of Port Isaac’s picturesque harbour and village amenities
• Sea and countryside views
• uPVC double glazing throughout to include windows, doors and guttering
• In all approximately 659 sq. ft
Originally owned by the Local Authority, 17 Mayfield Road provides a good opportunity to purchase a spacious, semi detached home situated in the upper part of this historic fishing village. The property sits in a quiet corner of Mayfield Road and is within walking distance of village amenities. Number 17 would make an ideal main residence.
Port Isaac is an historic fishing village situated along the rugged North Cornwall coastline famed for its picturesque fisherman's cottages and narrow streets. The village itself has been the stage for various film and television series, the most notable being ITVs 'Doc Martin' starring Martin Clunes where it's known as Port Wenn. The village is also famous for being the home to the successful shanty singing group The Fisherman’s Friends who are often found singing on the Platt during the summer weeks.
The village has a friendly local community which cares with great pride for its environment. It boasts all the usual facilities and amenities for day to day living i.e. shops, doctor's surgery, primary school, and excellent restaurants including two of Nathan Outlaw's establishments where he holds three Michelin stars.
Port Isaac also benefits from bus links to local towns such as the thriving town of Wadebridge and other popular destinations such as Rock and Polzeath. Port Isaac is well located to enjoy the gamut of outdoor activities available at close range including coastal walking, water sports, golf, pony and horse riding etc.
Accessed from Mayfield Road across front driveway to front door, the accommodation comprises (please see floor plan for configuration):
- Entrance hall, stairs to first floor with door to sitting room.
- Sitting room with fireplace.
- Kitchen/diner with wall and base units and door to rear garden.
- Two comfortable bedrooms, one with sea views. Built in wardrobe in one bedroom.
- Family bathroom with window to rear elevation ~ bath with shower over, wash hand basin and W/C.
Front garden with lawned area and tarmac driveway for two cars. Rear garden laid mainly to lawn with side access from front of property. Outbuildings ~ useful storage shed and W/C.
Mains Water, drainage & electricity. Oil Fired Central Heating.