Please note: the satellite and street view images for this area can be upto 5 years old so should not be relied upon to accurately depict the property.
To discuss this property with one of our team please call or e-mail using the details below.
01208 862 601
• Consent to convert and extend stone barn to create a two bedroom, single private residence
• Land extending to 1.8 acres including mains water supply and access to the public highway
• Peaceful position a short distance from village amenities
• Planning application reference PA18/08963
With planning consent for the conversion and small extension of a traditional stone barn, Carclaze poses a rare opportunity to create a unique, two bedroom home in the charming village of Chapel Amble with grounds extending to approximately 1.8 acres. Peacefully located, this well considered design will make an exceptional main residence. Just a short drive from the renowned North Cornish Coastline, Carclaze Barn is ideally positioned to enjoy some of the area’s most popular haunts.
Situated in the picturesque and popular village of Chapel Amble, the village amenities include post office and village pub serving excellent food just seconds away from the site. Chapel Amble is well positioned just a few miles from some of the best sandy beaches in North Cornwall including Polzeath, Daymer Bay, Porthilly and the water sports resort of Rock. Within close reach, many other picturesque villages and towns including Port Isaac, St Kew, Boscastle and Padstow, all providing an array of excellent pubs, extensive shops and renowned restaurants including the 2 Michelin star Restaurant Nathan Outlaw in Port Isaac and Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant in Padstow. The ferry at Rock makes the trip to Padstow both enjoyable and easy.
Accessed from a pretty country lane, the existing plot extends to 1.8 acres with stone barn. The planning application, reference PA18/08963, details permission for the following accommodation:
• Entrance hall with built in cloak cupboard
• Open plan living, dining, kitchen area with full height glazing and French doors overlooking the grounds
• Master bedroom with French doors onto terrace, further bedroom and family bathroom
Certain conditions will apply in order to benefit the property and the vendor’s retained estate:
• No additional structures, buildings or development without vendor’s prior written consent
• No caravans, camping, storage of scrap vehicles, boats or materials
• Alterations to the barn to be conducted in accordance with the planning permission and no other changes are permitted to the external appearance of the building or any structure erected without vendor’s prior written consent
• Not to use the property for any trade or business purposes or professional purpose or otherwise than as a single private residence and gardens only in the occupation of one family
• Not to use UPVC materials in any doors or windows
Reservation of mines and minerals below a depth of 10 fathoms from the surface and without any rights of surface entry
Reservation of right for future service connections
Offers by individuals wishing to reside in temporary portable accommodation at the property until the barn is habitable may be considered
• Mains water
• Access on to the public highway
• Obligation of the buyer to install electricity & drainage